lauantai 1. kesäkuuta 2013

Gold Coast and Mermaid Beach

We finally arrived to the beautiful Gold Coast and Mermaid Beach. I realized that we´ve been practically travelling since the end of March. About time to settle down for a while! Great experiences and lot of great memories, but felt SO GOOD to finally just throw the back bag to the floor and sleep on your own (rented) bed. 

We´ve rented a flat from Mermaid Beach, which belongs to the Gold Coast region, abt 10km from the legendary Surfers Paradise.  The flat itself is situated next to a Highway, though very peaceful still. You can easily spend a day on the balcony and not be disturbed about the traffic. We have only 700m to tbe beach, which we´ve taken advantage already. I decided that every time the weather allows I´m there, on the beach!!

I know some people love the mountains, but I love the Ocean. Pure and simple. I can never get enough of it. Just sitting and watching, walking, staring, admiring...and here you can feel the power, it is right there. We´ve been building sandcastles with Vilja, collecting seashells, playing and enjoying. I understand clearly that this time is so priceless. She gives me big smile in the morning and says; Mommy, love you. Thousand´s of kisses and hugs, and a new best thing is group hug. A big group hug with all her soft toys and mum.
Sometimes you are so tired, just from traveling and life. But I try and just smile, I have time to grown at home. 

We visited the legendary Surfers Paradise yesterday. It has a bit of a negative ring to it today. It use to be a paradise to surfers, but apparently the surfers have fled and money and tourists taken over. Beach there is amazing, but the rest is basically just shops, entertainment, night clubs and big money. Nice to spend a rainy day but I like our Mermaid Beach more, imagine, I have my own local beach. This is huge for the girl from a little village with 2 artificial ponds. And yes, I live in the only place in Finland with NO lakes. 

2 weeks in New Zealand was amazing, we toured the South Island, started from Christchurch, visited West Coast and drove back to Christchurch via Kaikoura. More about that trip you can read here; http://wherepeppersgrow.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/new-zealand-in-shoe-string.html

After NZ we fly straight here and I have to say it felt like coming home, well a second home. If it would be just the 2 of us we´d probably would stay or come back to live and work for a while. But Vilja needs home, Niila, grandparents and aunties and uncle. So we go home. But not just yet, still 4 weeks to go. 

By the way, it is great to grow up in the cold North, cause no matter where you go around the Southern Hemisphere, the weather is just nice and warm. Australian winter hasn't been able to crack my good spirits and worshiping of the sun. Even when it is raining, it is still nice and warm. You can easily have walk and enjoy the WARM WEATHER!   (Well, not those cold campervan nights..)

Hear you soon, gotta go and build some sand castles today :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti