lauantai 4. toukokuuta 2013

World is not Finnish

I promised to post also in English and as my promise to post in Finnish, this promise has also gone out the window. So much has happened, but I can tell you, everything has gone really really well. We´ve been touring Australia now for 1 month. We came here in the beginning of April, stayed in Sydney for a week and then started to tour the Victoria state a bit. With a 2 year old our 2 week roadtrip is short on K´s but filled with laughter, tantrums, more laughter, leaking nappies, more laughter, cold and sleepless nights, more laughter and very bad jokes, no laughter ´cept from the storyteller of the bad joke (usually me..)

Visit to Sydney was mainly just to relax and get use to the new climate (left Finland when it was -15..) and enjoy sun, sleep and familylife. We did go to swim at the 2000 Olympic park and see the Operahouse, but that was it. Our little traveler, Vilja 2, needed all the easy life we could offer. And everything thing went really well. She got use to the new rhythm fast and slept in a normal routine quite fast. I had a small wish more not-so-early-morning, but that didnt happen. Alarm goes on at 07.00.

After Sydney we headed to Goulburn to meet Andrew, our dear friend. He stayed with us 2007 with Guus, actually in our first home in Pyhäselkä. Now it was a time for us to visit Andrew in he´s beautiful countryside home. We enjoyed SO much. Goulburne was followed by Melbourne. There we did CS for the first time with Vilja. And everthing went fine! I was so proud and happy mum. The Boscoe family had 2 kids, 5 and 2. Seems like the kids dont have a language barrier. All 3 played together so nicely.

In Goulburne we had gotten the idea of renting a campervan. We found a resonable priced car near Melbourne, so we decided thats our next destination. We stayed in Melbourne for 5 days and time was mostly spent just strolling in parks and the beach. Me and Iita did visit the Lunapark and we spent a day in the city watching the ANZAC-day celebration. Our campervan was supposed to be newer, but we found out we could only get a real hippievan. Well, if it doesnt kill you etc.. The campervan, my Pricilla, has served us well. It is old but functioning van and we´ve had good sleeps there. We´ve toured the Great Ocean Road, along the seaside, love it! Campingsites have been mainly near the beach or on the beach. I love falling a sleep listening to the Ocean.

We stopped at Airleys Inn and saw the lighthouse were a very popular Australian children´s show was filmed; A Round the Twist. I watched that as a kid!! Our host here in Daylesford was explaining about a TV-show all kids in Australia watched, suddenly I realized it was my favourite too!!
In Airleys Inn I made a dream come true and went horse riding in the bush. I had 2,5 our ride in the beautiful nature, every now and then with an ocean view. Amazing.

After the 12 Apostoles we decided to go towards the mountains and the "spa-county". This place is called the Daylesford. It is known for its natural mineral water and it is also known for the beautiful nature specially during the Autumn, which we have here right now. Feels amazing to live Autumn now, cause my mind is ready for the summer :)

We have all fallen in love with the Aussies, their friendliness and warmth is amazing. They succeed in the hard skill of begin there and still giving space when needed. In this very natural way. And everything can be sorted out, nothing is really a problem. We´ve gotten so much help traveling with a kid. And Vilja makes people smile even if she can be a handful sometimes. I know it can be hard sometimes to travel with a child, but I have loved it. Well, with my own kid. I think we get to see her learn new things more than we would see back home. And the best part is that we can share it, cause we are both there, present in that moment.

I said, partly  as a joke, that 2013 will be greatest year so far and I will get to meet all my friends from all over world. Seems like it is really happening. I got to see Mio and Andrew. Seems like there´s a good change to meet Lucy!! Cant wait. Take care, and I promise to write more while we are still on the road.
Next destination will be New Zealand. Will write more (in English, too)!

We drove all the way to the 12 Apostoles and from there

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti